You are using an unsupported browser. Please update your browser to the latest version on or before July 31, 2020.
Home > General Care > What do I need for air travel with my pet?
What do I need for air travel with my pet?
print icon

Each airline establishes its own policies for pet transport and adheres to the requirements of the federal, state, and local governments. Based on where you are heading, you may also need a domestic or international Health Certificate.  


Our team can help you get a Health Certificate for domestic travel (within the contiguous United States).


Please note: pet travel to Hawaii and internationally is more complex so we do not offer this service. We are happy to provide you with a list of local pet travel companies you can choose to work with.


Modern Animal is not able to provide any statement that your pet is a certified ESA. We can only verify your pet’s vaccines and overall health. ESA forms and considerations are only for certified Therapy or Support Animals, and it's best to double check with the airline or destination for any additional documentation requirements. 


If you are not sure what you will need for your travel companion, send us a chat on the app to discuss your travel plans with one of our virtual customer service representatives. Make sure to visit USDA Pet Travel and contact your airline directly to confirm your travel requirements.

Did you find what you were looking for?
0 out of 0 found this helpful

scroll to top icon